The Ultimate Debt Manager is getting ready to turn one year old, and it's time for an update. The best part of this update is that it's free. If you are one of the many users of The Ultimate Debt Manager, this update is completely 100% free for you. Simply download it and install it and it's yours. The one and only "catch" is that this version is a preview version and it may contain some bugs, but as a registered user, you're entitled to any and all updates for free, and this one is pretty big. More on that later.
If you're an existing user, the preview download will be available from your account page. Simply login using your order details and download the update for free.
If you're new to The Ultimate Debt Manager, this preview edition is free for you as well. As with all versions, there is a standard 14 day trial period, but if you find a good bug, I'll give you the license for free (as in zero cost). The rules for getting the free license are very simple.
- The bug has to be significant. Feature requests may also count, but it depends on what you come up with, and how reasonable it is to implement in this version. Significant bugs include things as simple as typos, and go all the way up to "the math isn't right" or "it crashed". It'll be pretty obvious if something is significant.
- You need to tell me exactly, in very detailed terms, how to create the bug. If I can't reproduce it, then it's not all that likely it's going to be fixed. Screenshots can go a long way here, but you might need to export a data file for me.
- If you see something wrong in the math, I'm going to need a data file exported, and I'm going to need the day on which you saw the problem. The Ultimate Debt Manager recomputes the results for each day, and if you make changes to the data, so if either of these things change you're bug might not be reproducible for me. i.e., it may be that there is something very specific in the calculations which only break on that specific day.
- If you see a crash, I may need a data file, so it's best to export one just to be on the safe side.
- You need to confirm if the fix worked. After all there's not much point in reporting a problem if aren't interested in having it fixed, right?
If you're a new user, or have been using the trial version and wish to participate in the preview program; simply fill out this form and I'll add you to the list. Please note that since this is a manual process, it might take a day or so. Sorry, manual is the best way to prevent the spam buddies from taking over, but on the confirmation page you will be able to download the installation media.
If you've tried a previous version of The Ultimate Debt Manager, you already know there are some pretty interesting ideas in there, but you also know that there are obvious areas where it could be better. Some of you let me know, and for that I'm grateful. Without further rambling, here are some of the improvements in this new version:
- When printing the data, a full projection is now included. Obviously, it's only as good as the available data, but it does give you a pretty decent way to predict your financial progress.
- There's now the concept of an overdraft account. This overdraft account gets used in the event you don't have enough money in savings to take care of your expenses and/or debts.
- If you don't have enough money to pay the minimum payment on something, The Ultimate Debt Manager will automatically figure out when the best payment date is.
- Calculations are now based on the average daily balance in an account, and all calculations are done daily. This has the effect of improving the overall projections, as well as consistently showing you what is coming in the next month; not just what was recently paid.
© 2009 Pikauba Software. All rights reserved.
The Ultimate Debt Manager is a trademark of Pikauba Software. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.